MPQC Skills Centre
The Mineral Products Qualifications Council is a not for profit organisation whose members are derived from the quarrying, mineral products and mining sector.
The Skills Centre division provides an extensive portfolio of training and assessment services:
- This includes a range of industry recognised SHE (Safety Health and Environmental) courses aimed at managers; supervisors and operatives. This reinforces an individual’s CPD (Continued Professional Development) and helps towards the route to competence.
- The industry recognised “MPQC plant operator training and assessment scheme” including over 50 items of individual plant.
- Instructional technique courses in order to become accredited instructors within the MPQC Plant Operator Scheme.
- JAUPT approved centre able to offer a range of driver CPC training. In particular the industry endorsed “Driver Skills Card” through the MPQC developed “Site Safety Awareness Course”
- A range of QCF / SVQ vocational qualifications can be arranged through the MPQC approved assessment centre
- Contractors Safety Passport with focussed industry content (available from October 2011)
- Consultancy services to help and advise a company or site on the route towards competence
- A range of Shotfiring publications
MPQC is uniquely involved and represented on all the industry bodies and organisations. In addition our Training and Education Committee is the forum in which new qualifications and training is discussed, evaluated and developed.
The aim of the Skills Centre is to provide an efficient high quality service that works for our members and stakeholders.
MPQC was created for industry to help, develop and maintain industry training needs.
For the latest version on the Skills Centre Handbook - download your free copy here