MPQC/SPA Contractor Safety Passport Course
Who Should Attend
All contractors working within the extractive and mineral processing and related manufacturing environment, on sites such as quarrying, sand and gravel operations, concrete, mortar, cement and asphalt plants, wharfs or surface mining.
The main aims of the course are to increase contractor awareness of health and safety issues at work and to encourage safe behaviour during day to day work activities in the extractives and related industries.
By the end of the course, members will:
- have a basic knowledge of health and safety law as it applies to them
- understand their personal responsibilities for safety at work
- have an understanding of how accidents are caused and how they can be prevented
- be able to identify and correct unsafe behaviours
- have an improved understanding of the purpose, use and care of personal protective equipment
- understand the importance of maintaining plant and equipment in good condition
- have an understanding of safe driving behaviour, including safe reversing
- have an improved ability to recognise site hazards and know what they can do to minimise the risk from them
- understand the requirement for suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- have a basic knowledge of the principles of safe systems of work and permits to work
- be aware of specific hazards and how the risks from them can be controlled
Number of delegates
Duration and Delivery Options
The 2-day course is targetted at those Contractors who work in the extractive and mineral processing and related manufacturing industires. On successful completion of the 2 day course the contractor will be issued with an MPQC/SPA Contractor Safety Passport, which is valid for 3 years.
On initial successfull completion of the course, delegates will receive: MPQC Level 2 Award in Understanding Safe Working for Contractors in Extractives and Building Products Industries Sites (QCF)
Please contact Maggi Pelling on 0115 9836580 or email:
Completed this course?
There are currently no reviews for this course.